SELECTED PUBLIC WRITING
- Hahrie Han. June 10, 2020. “What Happened When the Minneapolis Police Lost Legitimacy?” The New York Times (op-ed). Published in the print edition, p. A.
- Hahrie Han. December 17, 2019. “When Does Activism Become Powerful? It’s about much more than amassing money or people.” The New York Times (op-ed). Published in the print edition, p. A27.
- Hahrie Han. November 2019. “Fixing Democracy Demands the Building and Aligning of People's Motivation and Authority to Act.” Stanford Social Innovation Review. Winter 2020. p. 5-6.
- Hahrie Han and Lara Putnam. April 29, 2019. “The best way for Democrats to win in 2020? By ignoring the candidates for now.” The Washington Post (op-ed).
- Hahrie Han. April 11, 2018. “Building a Bigger Tent. An Ohio megachurch’s revival of religious community activism.” The New Republic. p. 6-8.
- Hahrie Han. October 5, 2017. “Want Gun Control? Learn from the N.R.A.” The New York Times (op-ed). Published in the print edition, p. A23.
- Hahrie Han. 2017. “The Missing Political Infrastructure: Teaching the Skills of Citizenship.” Democracy Journal. 45(Summer).
- Joe McCannon and Hahrie Han. 2016. “A Guide to Managing a Volunteer Workforce.” Harvard Business Review (online blog).
- Marshall Ganz and Hahrie Han. 2016. “What Hillary Clinton Can Learn from Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump” The Nation (online). June 22.
- Hahrie Han and Robin Mann. 2016. “A New Focus on Leadership,” in The Sierra Club’s Organizing Manual. Bob Bingaman and Scott Elkins, eds. Sierra Club Press.
SELECTED PODCASTS, VIDEOS, INTERVIEWS
- VIDEO: Realizing Democracy. Hahrie is featured in the initiative’s Introductory and Civil Society videos. 2019.
- The Forge. Interview with Hahrie Han. 2019.
- PODCAST: No Jargon Podcast. “Groundbreakers, Part 2.” 2019.
- PODCAST: Great Battlefield Podcast. “Using transformational organizing to engage activists and win campaigns.” 2018.
- VIDEO: University of Santa Barbara Research in 60 Video Series. “Building Engagement for Social Change.” 2018.
- VIDEO: University of Santa Barbara. “Mentoring Undergraduate Students: Professor Hahrie Han.” 2018.
- Indivisible Facebook Webcast. A conversation among scholars Hahrie Han, Theda Skocpol and Vanessa Williams. 2017
- The Atlantic. “How a Scientist Who Studies Marches Sees the March for Science.” 2017.
- PODCAST: No Jargon Podcast. “Organizing for Leadership.” 2015.
- Mobilization Lab. “Beyond the First Click.”
- Justin Bernstein, Brian Hutler, Travis N. Rieder, Ruth Faden, Hahrie Han, and Anne Barnhill. An Ethics Framework for the COVID-19 Reopening Process. 2020. Johns Hopkins University.
- Hahrie Han, Shayna Strom, Geoffrey Henderson. 2017. State-based Progressive Power and Social Justice Capacity Mapping, Phase I Report. An Open Society Foundation and Ford Foundation project.
- Hahrie Han and Elizabeth McKenna. 2017. “Hillary for America and the 2016 Election: A Field Organization Inquiry and Debrief.” (confidential report assessing the HFA 2016 field campaign).
- Hahrie Han and Lisa Argyle. 2016. A Program Review of the Promoting Electoral Reform and Democratic Participation (PERDP) Initiative. Ford Foundation, New York, New York.
- Kenneth J. Andrews, Marshall Ganz, Hahrie Han, Matthew Baggetta and Chaeyoon Lim. 2005. “What Makes Sierra Club Groups Effective? A Research Project Exploring the Influence of Organization, Leaders, and Members on Organizational Effectiveness.” Center for Public Leadership, Kennedy School of Government Working Papers.